Teacher: Señora Diaz-Pelkey
Office hours: Tuesday/Thursdays at lunch or by appointment.
Teacher Class Schedule 2018-2019
Period 0 7:00 - 7:51 AM N/A
Period 1 8:00 - 8:51 AM SPANISH 1
Period 2 8:56 - 9:51 AM SPANISH 1
Period 3 9:56 - 10:47 AM SPANISH 1
Period 4 10:52 - 11:43 PM SPANISH 2
Lunch 11:43 - 12:39 PM
Period 5 12:44 - 1:35 PM SPANISH 2
Period 6 1:40 - 2:31 PM PREP
Period 7 2:36 - 3:27 PM N/A
Period 0 7:10 - 7:54 AM N/A
Collaboration 8:00 - 8:55 AM _
Period 1 9:00 - 9:44 AM SPANISH
Period 2 9:49 -10:33 AM SPANISH
Period 3 10:38 -11:22 PM SPANISH
Period 4 10:27 -12:11 PM SPANISH
Lunch 12:11 - 1:03 PM
Period 5 1:06 - 1:50 PM SPANISH
Period 6 1:55 - 2:39 PM PREP
Period 7 2:44 - 3:28 PM N/A
Policies and Procedures
Grading Scale 2018-2019
Interpretive (Reading and listening) 20%
Interpersonal (Speaking, writing, engagement) 25%
Presentational (writing and speaking) 20 %
IPAs/ Common Assessments 35 %
* In consensus, all Spanish teachers at DHS use the above grading scale for all Spanish courses, except for Advance courses.
Class Participation Students self-evaluate themselves every Friday by filling out their participation form. I have the final decision on their grade. I use the notes I taken during the week to take the final decision. Participation Rubric click here. Participation Evaluation Form click here
Test make-ups and Retakes Test make ups and retakes are ONLY on Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch. Retakes are ONLY for test scored C- or lower. You must retake your test within ONE WEEK from the day you received your test results. Also, on your retake day you MUST BRING a corrections and a Retake Form signed by your parents. You have a limited time to retake a test. Read the information on the form entirely. You will need to fill out both forms: Retake Form click here.. Testing Center Retake form
The following is a World Language Department policy:
o The HIGHEST grade students can earn on a retake test is a C, 75%.
o Retake tests may NOT be the same test given as the original.
o Retake is ONLY for students who scored a C- or lower on a test or quiz.
o Retakes must be done WITHIN a week from receiving test/quiz results.
- Participation Rubric (Spanish 1-2) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fV2aH_SCWqHfRosfpmJGauzCvoZ79ZA5uLnskWXc1FI/edit
- Participation Self-Evaluation form (Spanish 1-2) click here
- World Language Lab Contract click here
- Retakes- Class Retake Form click here
- Participation Absent- drive.google.com/open?id=0B_3DS6rRCSWlS3FITGh6Zmg5QXBTUHdVYWh1VHRwVzVFR1dV
- Participation Make-up:
Reminder: If you are absent:
1) You need to check the "Agenda and Homework" and turn in any missed work. Make an appointment with me to make up tests/quizzes;
2) Participation make-up: click on the link and follow instructions. For each two day absence, you need to watch one video and complete the chart.